Thursday, August 16, 2018

Topic 1: Banned Books & Your Bookshelf

I am not much of a "reader" per say but I was surprised to see that there are some books on the list that I have indeed read. 

Few are:
To Kill a Mockingbird written by Harper Lee
The Holy Bible
Captain Underpants (series), by Dav Pilkey

There are a few other books I have read over the years on the list that I did not list but these few really surprised me. I read these books all growing up, including to kill a mockingbird in 7th grade. I have gained a lot of knowledge from The Bible and To Kill a Mockingbird and am curious to why they think these books could be harmful to society. 

I think it is okay to limit access to some books in public schools along with various materials for school purposes because they can display things that students maybe at a age don't need to read about and or have knowledge of until they are older to understand. I don't agree with doing it in local public libraries or anything with the public it self. People are people you cant understand everyone, the stories and pictures that some books display are helpful to people that you never knew could benefit from. 

"The Autobiography" by Gucci Mane, "The rose that grew from concrete" by Tupac Shakur
These two you would find in my mini library at home. What these two books tell about me is I am highly interested in people who have gone through struggle to get on top. These books show a glimpse of who I am in a very very small sense along with my ambitions drive to want success in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment