Thursday, August 16, 2018

Topic 2: Magazines

Three magazines that I read and have been reading for many years are Vice, Complex, ESPN. These three magazines display lots of talk about underground stories and phenomenons, fashion and icons of the rap world and whats hot in today, and lots and lots of sports. I like these magazines because they help show what I like in the world today, growing up iv always been someone who loves sports, fashion and music, and knowing things about the people I look up to and weird things in our world.  When looking for certain magazines I look for something that I like to do or like to understand more so I am more of knowledge. If a rap artist drops a new album, I would look in complex to find out if they talk about their opinions on the album along with about the artist so before listening to their music I can know about them more as a person and I can judge their music as a positive effect from maybe a critic in the magazine saying other wise. 

Products and advertisements I see a lot of in these magazines are Nike products, Old spice deodorant, fashion wear, movie advertisements, and many food/drink advertisements. What these publications say about me as a consumer is that I do consume most of these advertisements and that they are aimed at the right people including my self. 

No comments:

Post a Comment